This article is an overview of what TeacherTube is and how it can/has helped in the classroom so far. TeacherTube is basically a YouTube, filtered out strictly for learning purposes. This is very helpful in the present day classroom because students are now very technologically inclined as opposed to the past. On TeacherTube, teachers can upload their own videos and link them to their own website. The videos you post must meet a certain criteria: your video must address specific learning objectives and/or provide professional development for educators, videos may not post advertisements or solicitations of business, TeacheTube previews all material and they will not allow any nudity or profanity, and your video should run 10 minutes or less. They can also communicate with other teachers through this site about other videos. Once you upload a video, the site also lets you upload Word documents to attach to your video if you need to. The only requirement to use this is that your internet connection be at least 500 Kbps. For easy searching, there are "Channels" on TeacherTube where videos are already group by content.
Lucking, Robert A., Mervyn J. Wighting, and Edwin P. Christmann. "TeacherTube for Science." Science Scope 32.8 (2009): 62-4
I think that teachertube is great and it is very popular in schools now. Ive never used teacher tube, but I think its good that teachers can upload their videos and interact with other teachers as well. Teachers can share ideas with each other about the same topic.
ReplyDeleteGreat description, Alyssa. I think that TeacherTube is a great resource for the classroom, because it offers an exciting new method for delivering information to students. I think it will allow teachers to capture their students' attention to a degree that books and lecture cannot achieve.
ReplyDeleteI believe teachertube was a great adaptation on youtube for the classroom, it offers another tool in teaching while involving technology. The concept of having a site specific for teaching allows the content to be managed so it is appropriate and educational. I definitely plan to utilize it as a teacher.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great discussion, I would definitely consider using Teacher Tube in my classroom. Very nice job on giving a detailed description, I feel you truly captured this new innovative way of reaching our students through technology.
ReplyDeleteAwesome description of teacher tube. Now I think, I would use teacher tube as supplementary material to my lectures. Your blog was well written and informative.
ReplyDeleteI never even knew teacher tube existed. This a great, informative article. Thank you.
ReplyDelete